Now it is time to actually make it. I drafted my own patterns based on the ones in the lolita sewing books I have.
For the bodice, I took inspiration from the bodices from these outfits.
I drafted the top part of the bodice based on the pale blue dress but the bottom part as the black and white one.
As for the skirt I wanted something like this one.
So with patterns drafted, I had to test out the bodice as it was something that I put together.
Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures or maybe I did but I can not find them on my computer. Anyway apart from making the back a bit wider and lengthening the inner lining it was not too bad.
Now lets fast forward a couple of weeks. Yes it took me two weeks to finish because I work full time and now my sewing time is constricted to the weekends which is very sad but here it is!
|Bodice on top of the skirt|
|Bodice under the skirt|
|Me wearing it!|
And finally me wearing my new outfit. I really need to take better pictures but with winter setting in, daylight is getting scare so it might be a while before I get a really good photo.
Now it is just the accessories to make.