17 October 2013

Making a Dress - Burgundy Lolita outfit - Planning Stage

Okay it has been ages since I blogged about my Making a Dress series and I apologise for my absence.

The reason for this is that I had a moment of crisis with the project that I was going to do in August. 

I originally wanted to use this lovely white and blue yukata fabric.



To make this summer dress on the right hand side.



I had it all planned in my head until it dawned on me that this yukata bolt is exactly the yukata pattern and colour I have been wanting to get for ages in my kimono collection!  Now I can not possibly use it.

So with that decision made I had to re-think what to make.  I still want to make a lolita outfit with kimono fabric as the summer was disappearing into the horizon I thought it would be better to make an outfit that was more suited to the autumn weather.

Lucky kimono fabric is not in short supply in my flat.  I once again picked my victim!



Now I have a fabric I can begin designing.

No comments: