3 July 2012

I Love Kanzashi - Cherry Blossom Haircomb

Is this one pretty!  The design was originally made using a pink fabric that I brought from Japan.  However as you can see from the pictures below, it can be made in different colours and fabrics.

Cherry Blossom Haircomb by Kitty Kanzashi
It was probably one of my first creations that I designed specifically with the intention of making it for my customers and I still love the shape of it.


This purple kanzashi was made to match a bridesmaid's outfit and I used vintage kimono fabric for this one.


Actually this photograph highlights a good point about kanzashi.  Often I get told by potential customers that they love my flowers but they would feel out of place or uncomfortable for wearing something so fancy.  However it is all to do with colour.  As you can see from the photograph above, this purple kanzashi blends in beautifully with my dark brown hair and will not attract unwarranted attention.

But if I had a lighter hair colour like blonde then this purple kanzashi will clearly standout.


This kanzashi is the opposite to the purple one, and was made for a bride.  Unfortunately I did not take a picture of this kanzashi in my hair but as you can see against the dark background it really striking.


So remember if you see a designs that you love but think it is not for me.  Do not think this is the end of the road.  All of my kanzashi are made to order so they can be customised to suit your personality and style.  Therefore whether you want an understated piece or something that will be seen at the opposite side of the room then let me know and I am sure I can help you!

For commissions then you can contact me via the following way.
  1. On my contact form,  http://kittykanzashi.blogspot.co.uk/p/contact-me.html
  2. Email, kittykanzashi@gmail.com

No comments: