3 April 2012

Wedding Dress - Scarlet Rose by Elisabeth Armstrong

I have just noticed that I have not done many alternative wedding dress!

Well I have to correct this and lets start with corset wedding dress.  I am a little bit bias to corset wedding dress because I wore one for my wedding and I loved it.

Scarlet Rose by Elisabeth Armstrong
Why I love this dress!

Doesn't the red just scream out at you?  Hell if you can't make an entrance in this dress then I give up!

If the colour doesn't get people's attention then the corset should.  The main reason why I love corset dresses is that you let the dress do all the work, a small waist and a flat stomach is guaranteed in a corset.  So rather then spending your time in the gym losing weight, you could just relax and concentrate on making sure that other things are going according to plan.

Also, contrary to what most people say, a well fitting corset does not constrict your breathing and is very comfortable to wear.  It also makes you stand up straight so you will look lovely in all of your wedding photos.

There must be something wrong here.

Well the main problem you will face is other people's expectations.  A lot of people feel a wedding dress should be white/ivory/off white because it is the colour that most modern day brides wear but do not be fooled with this tradition.

It was Queen Victoria who started the trend because she wanted to wear white rather then silver.  Most people in the past would just wear their best dress for their wedding and of course if you were rich you could have a dress made.

No comments: