29 August 2011

And so the adventure begins.....

My wedding day is fast approaching and it is time to begin the mountain of kanzashi I have to make for my hair, bouquet and buttonhole flowers for the wedding party.

I though wouldn't it be good to make the flowers from the same fabric that my dress will be made from and I was lucky that Bound by Obsession was kind enough to post me some of the fabric. The fabric is lovely, there is something about dupion silk that I just love the look of.


So as you may have gathered that I couldn't wait to use it and I wanted to take more photos of the process however I got a little carried away and by the time I realised what I have done I have already finished the first batch.


What I can't decide is what to make first?

I could make the buttonhole flowers. This one is for my mother and father to wear.


And this one is for my future husband, his brother/best man and his mother.


Or I can start to arrange my bouquet.


I haven't had a chance to think about my hair ones but it will be very similar to the buttonhole flowers but with something extra.

2 comments:

bound by obsession said...

Awwww!!! It's going to look so amazing when it's all together, I am just so excited for you :)

Kitty Kanzashi said...

It is very exciting indeed. I hope to have photos to share!